Click to Home
Go To Search
Planning Building and Code Enforcement
CommunityBusinessVisitorsGovernmentEnvironment
San Jose Home
Naglee Park Conservation Area
The Naglee Park Conservation Area is the former 140-acre estate of General Henry M. Naglee, a veteran of the Civil War (1861-1865). His heirs sold the estate under the guidance of T.S. Montgomery, San José's leading real estate developer and three years after its subdivision in 1902, 1,503 residences had been built. The Conservation Area is bounded by E. Santa Clara Street on the north, S. 11th Street on the west, Coyote Creek on the east, and E. William Street on the south. This district is noted for fine early 20th century residences in an eclectic variety of architectural styles including bungalows and the Spanish Colonial Revival styles, many architect designed. The grounds also included the Naglee House and the still extant Naglee Carriage House at 49 S. Fourteenth and another at 95 S. Fourteenth Street, both listed in the City Inventory as eligible for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places (ENR).

Naglee Park Conservation Area Map