See all news and upcoming events hosted by the department of Planning, Building, & Code Enforcement.
CANCELLED: Proposed Ordinance Amending Title 23, Community Meeting, Project PP20-004 and ER20-054
- Date: 03/30/2020 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: San Jose City Hall
200 E. Santa Clara Street, Wing Room W119-120
San Jose, California
UPDATE: Due to precaution over COVID-19, this meeting event has been cancelled.
File No. PP20-004 and File No. ER20-054:
The proposed project would amend Title 23 (Sign Ordinance) of the San José Municipal Code to:
- Allow free-standing billboard structures on freeway-facing non-City-owned sites, and consider building-mounted programmable signage and signs displaying off-site commercial speech on certain non-City owned sites within the Downtown Sign Intensification Zone and the North San Jose Development Policy Area.
- Explore signage on public right-of-way to allow off-premise commercial advertising along public amenities, street furniture, and transit facilities.
- Evaluate illumination parameters for illuminated and programmable signs.
Community Meeting: The first part of the meeting will be a presentation of the proposed project.
Public Scoping Meeting: The second part of the meeting will serve as an EIR public scoping meeting for City staff to describe the proposed project's environmental review process and to obtain your input on issues you wish to see discussed in the EIR analysis. We welcome your input on the scope of the EIR so that it addresses all relevant environmental issues.
The Notice of Preparation for the EIR is available for review online in the Active EIRs Library of the City of San Jose’s Planning Division website at this www.sanjoseca.gov/activeeirs.
In addition to this community meeting, the City may schedule additional outreach as needed. We will schedule and notice future public hearings with the Planning Commission and City Council for the above items.
Planning Staff: Aparna Ankola: email@example.com 408-535-7845
Environmental Staff: Ranu Aggarwal: firstname.lastname@example.org 408-535-6894
Sign up to receive notifications of Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement news and events.