Public Art: A Small Part of What We Do (Fire Station #1)*Categories:
- Public Art
A Small Part of What We Do
Artist: Tad Savinar (September 2000)
The work consists of 29 cast bronze panels of varying sizes set into shallow niches that surround the building exterior on Market and Devine Streets. The plaques contain text based on interviews conducted by the artist with firefighters, their families and the people they have served.
Examples of Quotes:
- I will never forget the taste of that infant’s last dying breath as it lingered in my mouth.
- Fires are really just a small part of what we do.
- It’s a pretty good feeling to bring back someone’s pulse.
- We go running into a burning building, when most people’s sense tells them to run out.
Report a Concern: (408) 793-4330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Public Art) Permanent Artworks
- (Public Art) Public Safety - Police & Fire Stations