The City of San Jose's Arcadia Ballpark, the final project in the year 2000 Measure P Bond Investments, is a 14.5-acre sports park located next to The Eastridge Center. The Ballpark is currently under construction and is expected to open in Spring 2020.
The City park will feature:
- Four lighted natural grass field
- Ballpark grill with hot concessions
- Professional maintenance & operations staff
- Shaded stadium armchair seating
- Sports-themed playground
- Mini synthetic ball field
- Reservable fields
- Weekend tournament play
Four lighted natural grass fields
Mini synthetic ball field
Stadium armchair seating
Spacious covered dugouts
Reserve a field
To join a pre-interest list, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are tentatively scheduled to be accepted in November 2019 for the Spring/Summer 2020 season. Registration periods will be held twice a year to accept long term field requests for the Spring & Summer and the Fall & Winter seasons.
Spring & Summer Season
March 1 – August 31
Applications accepted mid-November to mid-December.
Negotiation Meeting held January 11, 2019.
Fall & Winter Season
September 1 – February 28
Applications accepted mid-April to mid-May.
Negotiation Meeting held June 13, 2020.
Pricing is TBD
We expect to release field rental prices in late January 2020.
To reserve a field for organized sports use:
Submit a Sports Field Application Form to:
- Citywide Sports Field Reservations
1300 Senter Rd.
San José, CA 95112
- Arcadia Ballpark
2208 Quimby Rd.
San José, CA 95122
The following attachments provide additional information:
- Sports Field Reservation Process
- Field Reservation Fees
- San José Sports Fields Matrix
- San José Tennis Court Matrix
- Certificate of Liability Insurance Requirements
Permit holders should call the Field Conditions Hotline at 408-794-6532 to confirm the status of the fields. The hotline will be updated as conditions change. Citywide Sports Staff will make updates by 2:00 p.m., Monday to Friday or by 8:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. In the event that the Field Conditions Hotline has not been updated or is unavailable, permit holders are expected to make educated and responsible decisions regarding field conditions.
Field and Courts will be closed if any of the following conditions occur:
- Steady rainfall;
- Standing water;
- Lightning or electrical storm;
- "Squishy" sound made or "spongy" feel when walking on the turf or infield, and/or footsteps leave an imprint; and
- Mud is collected on the bottom of shoes and/or sod is removed easily with a cleat.
It is very important when fields are closed that no play is allowed due to safety and the preservation of the turf.
Arcadia Ballpark will host multi day tournaments starting in the 2020 season. The tournament season will be from March through November. If your organization is interested in hosting a tournament at Arcadia, email us at email@example.com.
Arcadia Ballpark is perfectly suited to host your next softball or baseball tournament. The ballpark features:
- Four Lighted Natural Grass Fields
- 63,000W championship lighting on all fields - play permitted from 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- The Ballpark Grill - Hot food & beverage concessions
- Full Restroom Facilities - maintained by City staff
- Professional Maintenance & Operations Staff
- Stadium Armchair Seating on Fields 1 and 3
- Bleacher Seating on Fields 2 and 4
- Scoreboards on all fields
- Park-wide music and PA system
- Individual PA system for each field
- Sports-Themed Playground
- Mini Synthetic Ball Field
- Pet-friendly (must be on a leash)
- Free Parking - 250 spaces onsite & 1,000+ at The Eastridge Center
- Easy freeway access to Hwy 101 and Hwy 680
- The Eastridge Center is directly across the street from the Ballpark. The newly renovated Eatridge Center offers over one million square feet of shopping, dining, and entertainment! Catch a movie at AMC Theatres & IMAX, score at Round 1 Bowling & Amusements, enjoy flavors in The Eatery, discover local pop-up shops, and explore 150 stores on two levels of exceptional (pet-friendly!) shopping.
- City of San Jose - Measure P - Investments in San José's Park and Recreation System
- SF Gate - 04/03/19 - Mayor & Councilwoman to speak with residents about new Ballpark
- City of San Jose - 01/25/17 - Arcadia Ballpark Project Sheet
- City of San Jose - 11/08/16 - Arcadia Ballpark Groundbreaking Ceremony
- SJ Mercury News - 12/10/14 - SJ City Council Accepts Arcadia Development Donation for...
- SJ Inside - 11/12/13 - San Jose to Revisit Softball Complex Discussion