ARCHIVE OF MAYOR LICCARDO'S WRITING
To view a complete archive of Mayor Liccardo's first-person writing and opinion pieces, please visit his medium blog.
MAYOR LICCARDO PHOTO ARCHIVE
To access this archive of photos featuring Mayor Liccardo -- including updated headshots -- please visit this photostream on Flikr.
MAYOR LICCARDO VIDEO ARCHIVE
For a complete archive of Mayor Liccardo's videos of special events -- like the annual State of the City events -- please visit the Mayor's Youtube channel.
Welcome to Mayor Liccardo's Press Room. To get in touch with the Mayor's communications team:
- Jim Reed, Acting Public Information Officer and Communications Director
- Rachel Davis,Press Secretary
- Sierra Fatlowitz, Digital Media Manager
For media inquiries about other City departments or services, please contact one of these City of San José media contacts.
Visit the newsroom to view a complete list of news from the Office of the Mayor.
San Jose Mayor Liccardo Announces Google’s $1 Million Grant to Silicon Valley Strong Fund
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 30, 2020
Rachel Davis, Office of Mayor Sam Liccardo, 408.712.9149, firstname.lastname@example.org
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Today, San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo announced the generous contribution of $1 million from Google to the Silicon Valley Strong fund, a recently launched regional effort to support those in the community hit hard by COVID-19.
“I am incredibly grateful to Google and their contribution to the Silicon Valley Strong Fund,” said Mayor Liccardo. “As we continue to face this pandemic head-on, it’s thanks to the help and generosity of neighbors like Google, that we are able to continue to financially protect our residents and small businesses.”
The Silicon Valley Strong fund goes directly to fighting the negative economic impact of COVID-19:
- Residents, with a focus on those who are at the highest risk of displacement due to illness, caregiving, loss of work hours, and loss of income, both individuals and families with children.
- Small Businesses that are at risk of closure due to loss of clientele or health and safety restrictions.
- Community-Based Organizations, including the unique needs of arts and culture organizations and the impacts to the many nonprofits serving those impacted during this pandemic.
As the community continues to respond to the pandemic, Silicon Valley Strong partners will continue raising awareness of available resources and opportunities to support the fund. To learn more about how you can help, or to donate to Silicon Valley Strong, visit, www.siliconvalleystrong.org.