FLASH REPORT #53 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
The following is information about the City of San José’s response to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and reduce the number of people infected.
City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Rosario Neaves, Director of Communications/EPIO: 210-823-3908
City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
City of San José Customer Contact Center: 3-1-1 (408-535-3500)
NEWS/MEDIA: All City of San José communications staff are focused on responding to the COVID-19 crisis. Please direct all media inquiries related to the impacts of COVID-19 to the News Media Line at 408-535-7777 or EOC_PIO@sanjoseca.gov to ensure a timely response. We appreciate your support in sharing our messages with our communities.
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- Parks Reminder: To prevent overcrowding, San Jose regional parks and neighborhood park parking lots will be closed on Saturday, April 11 and Sunday, April 12. Visit bit.ly/prnscancellations to view the most current list of park closures. Remember social gatherings, including egg hunts, are prohibited. Residents must follow Santa Clara County’s physical distancing orders, avoid gathering or engaging in group activities, and comply with amenity closures.
- Mental Health Resources: Mental Health America’s website contains information for individuals and communities on how to deal with anxiety associated with the COVID-19 outbreak. Below are additional resources if you are feeling anxious, lonely or scared:
- Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services Call Center: 800-704-0900
- Crisis Text Line: Text RENEW to 741741
- Suicide and Crisis Hotline: 855-278-4204
Updates from County of Santa Clara
- County Data Dashboard Updated With Location and Ethnicity Info: The County of Santa Clara Public Health Department's COVID-19 data dashboard has been updated with new data sets. The dashboard now includes confirmed cases by city of residence and deaths by race/ethnicity. As of April 9, 958 of 1,442 total cases were in the City of San José. Visit the County Health Department's COVID-19 data page for more information.
Subscribe to the News Releases eNotification list to receive City of San José Flash Reports, and follow us at sanjoseca.gov and @CityofSanJose on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor.
Esta información está disponible en español en www.sanjoseca.gov.
A person’s risk for COVID-19 is not related to race, ethnicity or culture. City employees must abide by the Discrimination and Harassment policy, and treat colleagues and members of the public with courtesy and respect. Discrimination and/or Harassment of any kind is a violation of the policies and will not be tolerated.