ARCHIVE OF MAYOR LICCARDO'S WRITING
To view a complete archive of Mayor Liccardo's first-person writing and opinion pieces, please visit his medium blog.
MAYOR LICCARDO PHOTO ARCHIVE
To access this archive of photos featuring Mayor Liccardo -- including updated headshots -- please visit this photostream on Flikr.
MAYOR LICCARDO VIDEO ARCHIVE
For a complete archive of Mayor Liccardo's videos of special events -- like the annual State of the City events -- please visit the Mayor's Youtube channel.
Welcome to Mayor Liccardo's Press Room. To get in touch with the Mayor's communications team:
- Jim Reed, Acting Public Information Officer and Communications Director
- Rachel Davis,Press Secretary
- Sierra Fatlowitz, Digital Media Manager
For media inquiries about other City departments or services, please contact one of these City of San José media contacts.
Visit the newsroom to view a complete list of news from the Office of the Mayor.
San José Mayor Announces New Members of Silicon Valley Economic Recovery and Resilience Council
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 21, 2020
Rachel Davis, Office of Mayor Sam Liccardo, 408.712.9149, email@example.com
SAN JOSE, CA. - Today, Mayor Liccardo announced the addition of new members to the Silicon Valley Economic Recovery and Resilience Council (SV-ERRC), a group of Silicon Valley leaders who will set the path for economic recovery in the region.
The SV-ERRC will be tasked with making policy recommendations to local and regional governing bodies that ensure political leaders harness state and federal resources, get families back to work, and prepare for the economy’s “new normal”. These new additions offer critical perspectives on education, workforce training, small business, and affordable housing needed to quickly revitalize the economy as soon as it’s safe to re-open.
The additions to the SV-ERRC include, from the Education Community:
- Mary Papazian, San José State University, President
- Marc Tessier-Lavigne, Stanford University, President
- Kevin O'Brien, Santa Clara University, President
- Dr. Byron D. Clift Breland, San José Evergreen Community College District, Chancellor
From the Business Community:
- Oscar de la Torre, Northern California District Council of Laborers, Chairman and Northern California Training & Retraining Fund and Northern California Apprenticeship Training Committee, Co-chairman
- Jesus Flores, Latino Business Foundation, Executive Director, Alum Rock Business District, President
- Mike Fox, Goodwill of Silicon Valley, CEO
- Chuck Hammers, Pizza My Heart, Owner, San José Downtown Association, former President
- Linda Mandolini, Eden Housing, President
- Hermelinda Sapien, Center for Employment Training, CEO
“I am extremely grateful to these new additions to the Silicon Valley Economic Recovery and Resilience Council, who represent critical viewpoints on workforce training, education, small businesses, labor, and affordable housing,” said San José Mayor Sam Liccardo. “Together, the members of this council will explore new ways to safely revitalize our regional economy with greater equity and help our residents recover.”
About the City of San José
With more than one million residents, San José is one of the most diverse large cities in the United States and is Northern California’s largest city and the 10th largest city in the nation. San José’s transformation into a global innovation center has resulted in one of the largest concentrations of technology companies and expertise in the world. In 2011, the City adopted Envision San José 2040, a long-term growth plan that sets forth a vision and a comprehensive road map to guide the City’s anticipated growth through the year 2040.