FLASH REPORT #2 - Protest Safety
City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Rosario Neaves, Director of Communications/EPIO: 210-823-3908
City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
City of San José Customer Contact Center: 3-1-1 (408-535-3500)
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- Updates to Citywide Curfew: The City of San José has updated the recently issued citywide curfew to clarify its intent related to essential business and travel. The curfew is still in effect from 8:30 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., through June 7 or until further notice. The order does not apply to the following:
- Police officers, peace officers, firefighters, or other emergency personnel or civilians engaged in police, emergency, or government work;
- Any persons experiencing homelessness;
- Authorized representatives of news services, newspaper, radio, or television stations/networks;
- Individuals who are travelling to and from the airport;
- Individuals providing necessary care for a family member or pet in another household who has no other source of care;
- Individuals who are providing any services or performing any work necessary to the operation and maintenance of Essential Infrastructure, as defined in the order; and
- Individuals who are travelling to and from Essential Businesses to provide Minimum Basic Operations, as defined in the order.
- Updates to City Council: During today’s City Council Meeting, City Manager Dave Sykes will provide updates on the City’s Proclamation of Local Emergency Resulting from Civil Unrest and Order Imposing Curfew during Item 3.8. The virtual meeting will start at 11:00 a.m. Councilmembers and presenters will teleconference from remote locations. The public can watch the meeting on the City’s YouTube Channel. Details and instructions for participation are in the meeting agenda.
- Parks Close Early While City Curfew is in Effect: The safety of our employees and residents remains our highest priority. To ensure that park staff and visitors have enough time to return home safely before the City of San José curfew of 8:30 p.m., some parks and parking lots will close at 5:30 p.m. effective yesterday until the curfew is lifted. For a complete list, visit bit.ly/prnscancellations.
- BeautifySJ Volunteers and Staff Remove Graffiti and Litter: Close to 125 volunteers and 15 Anti-litter/graffiti staff, part of the BeautifySJ Initiative, spent the weekend removing trash and graffiti along Santa Clara Street from Highway 101 to Market Street and two blocks to the north and south along this area. Over 11 tons of trash and approximately 68,000 square feet of graffiti were removed during the cleanups. Volunteers who would like to contribute to the cleanup efforts can join today, Tuesday, June 2 and Wednesday, June 3 at 10:00 a.m. at San Jose City Hall, 200 East Santa Clara Street. Businesses who would like a free graffiti removal tool kit can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their contact information and an address. A kit will be delivered to your place of business. You can report graffiti via the San Jose 311 app, by visiting sanjose.custhelp.com or calling 311.
Subscribe to News Releases eNotifications to receive City of San José Flash Reports, and follow us at sanjoseca.gov and @CityofSanJose on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor
Esta información está disponible en español en www.sanjoseca.gov.
Thông tin này có sẵn bằng Tiếng Việt trên trang: www.sanjoseca.gov.