ARCHIVE OF MAYOR LICCARDO'S WRITING
To view a complete archive of Mayor Liccardo's first-person writing and opinion pieces, please visit his medium blog.
MAYOR LICCARDO PHOTO ARCHIVE
To access this archive of photos featuring Mayor Liccardo -- including updated headshots -- please visit this photostream on Flikr.
MAYOR LICCARDO VIDEO ARCHIVE
For a complete archive of Mayor Liccardo's videos of special events -- like the annual State of the City events -- please visit the Mayor's Youtube channel.
Welcome to Mayor Liccardo's Press Room. To get in touch with the Mayor's communications team:
- Jim Reed, Acting Public Information Officer and Communications Director
- Rachel Davis, Communications Specialist
- Sierra Fatlowitz, Digital Media Manager
For media inquiries about other City departments or services, please contact one of these City of San José media contacts.
Visit the newsroom to view a complete list of news from the Office of the Mayor.
San José Adopts First Citywide Privacy Principles
“The impact of technology on our everyday lives is accelerating at a rapid rate. It is essential that our community, which is in the heart of Silicon Valley, is an example of how to balance the benefits of technology with protecting the rights of our residents,” said Shireen Santosham, Chief Innovation Officer for Mayor Liccardo.
Alongside the policy, San José will develop additional resources such as a data retention schedule and a privacy impact assessment toolkit.
Approved San José Privacy Principles:
- WE VALUE PRIVACY: We affirm that privacy is an inherent human right. San José commits to fully evaluating risks to your privacy before collecting, using, or sharing your information.
- WE COLLECT ONLY WHAT WE NEED: We collect only what is required to provide and improve City services and comply with the law. We seek community input about what information is used and collected.
- WE ARE OPEN AND TRANSPARENT: We are transparent about what information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used. We commit to being open about our actions, policies, and procedures related to your data. We make our policy documents publicly available and easy to understand.
- WE WILL GIVE YOU CONTROL OVER YOUR DATA: We will provide you with the information to make an informed decision about sharing your data. We have clear processes that ensure data accuracy and provide you visibility into what data the City has collected from you.
- WE SHARE ONLY WHAT WE NEED: We anonymize your information before we share it outside the City, except in very limited circumstances. Business partners and contracted vendors who receive or collect personal information from us or for us to deliver City services must agree to our privacy requirements.
- WE DESIGN FOR PRIVACY AND SECURITY: We integrate privacy and security into every aspect of our designs, systems, and processes. We commit to updating our technology and processes to effectively protect your information while under our care. We follow strict protocols in the event your information is compromised.
# # #
Media Contact: Chloe Meyere, Office of Mayor Liccardo; 408-535-4833 or firstname.lastname@example.org