FLASH REPORT #8 - COVID-19 Mitigation and Response
City of San José
Emergency Operations Center
Rosario Neaves, Director of Communications/EPIO; 210-823-3908
City of San José Media Line: 408-535-7777
DATE/TIME OF REPORT: March 11, 2020, 5:00 PM
Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations
- Team San Jose: The San Jose Theaters (the California Theatre, Center for Performing Arts, Montgomery Theater and San Jose Civic) are closed to all public programs through April 1. Team San Jose supports County and City efforts to reduce the number of people infected and to protect those who are vulnerable.
- Census 2020: The 2020 Census online portal still opens today. We are encouraging City residents regardless of age, immigration or housing situation to use the Census 2020 online survey portal at www.my2020census.gov. There are only 9 questions, and you can use a computer or mobile device. To complete the survey by phone, call 844-330-2020. In addition to English, Spanish and Vietnamese, the phone service is available in many additional languages. The 2020 Census does not include questions about citizenship or immigration status, and is completely confidential.
- Azteca Mexica New Year: The Azteca Mexica New Year event scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, March 14 and 15 at Emma Prusch Farm Park is cancelled.
- Station Area Advisory Group (SAAG): Meeting scheduled for March 18 has been cancelled. For information, please check www.diridonsj.org.
- Traffic Safety: The following traffic safety and walking/biking encouragement events have been cancelled:
- Vision Zero:
- March 11 - People Experiencing Homelessness Outreach, Martha's Kitchen
- March 11 - Santa Clara County Public Health Senior Resource Fair
- March 12 - S 5th and San Fernando Crosswalk Ribbon Cutting and Outreach Event
- Walk n’ Roll:
- March 13 - Booksin Elementary Bicycle Rodeo
- March 25 - Oakridge Elementary Safety Assembly
- April 3 - Evergreen Elementary Bicycle Rodeo
- May 5 - Meyerholz Elementary Bicycle Rodeo
- Vision Zero:
- Paying Bills at San José City Hall: Payments will continue to be accepted and processed in City Hall. To minimize in-person traffic on the first floor of City Hall, residents and businesses are encouraged to review the City’s “Make a Payment” web page to determine if online payment options are available: https://www.sanjoseca.gov/residents/pay-my-bill.
- work2future: Job Centers continue to offer one-on-one career advising during regular operating hours and all planned orientations and job-search workshops will be held as scheduled. Updates will be made at www.work2future.biz.
- Community Centers and General Senior Programming: Community Centers are open today during regular operating hours. Some events, services and meetings may be cancelled or postponed if the space does not allow participants to practice social distancing. For updates on cancellations and postponements, visit http://bit.ly/prnscancellations.
Esta información está disponible en español en www.sanjoseca.gov.
Thông tin này có sẵn bằng Tiếng Việt trên trang: www.sanjoseca.gov.
A person’s risk for COVID-19 is not related to race, ethnicity or culture. City employees must abide by the Discrimination and Harassment policy, and treat colleagues and members of the public with courtesy and respect. Discrimination and/or Harassment of any kind is a violation of the policies and will not be tolerated.