Development Services Permit Center
200 E. Santa Clara St.
Tower, 1st Floor
San José, CA 95113
Validated parking is available: From 6th Street, enter the parking garage under the City Hall Tower. Bring your stub with you for validation. View map.
News and Announcements
Cashier Window Closure - January 24, 2020
The cashier window in the Permit Center will be closed on January 24 after 11:30 am. Payment options during cashier closure:
Credit card payments:
- Planning, Building, and Public Works:
- Over the phone: 408-535-3555
- Online: www.sjpermits.org
All payments made by check:
- Drop off check in the drop box at the Information Desk inside City Hall. Payments will be processed on January 27.
Permit cards cannot be issued until payment is processed.
2019 California Building Codes, Reach Code Ordinance, and Gas Prohibition Ordinance Effective January 1, 2020
Learn more about the:
- 2019 California Building Code on Adopted Building Codes page.
- Reach Code and Gas Prohibition Ordinance on the Reach Codes page.
Free Workshop: Significant Changes in the 2019 California Codes - February 28
City staff will highlight the significant changes to the Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Residential, and Fire codes, as well as Reach Code CALGreen and Building Energy Efficiency Standards. You are welcome to attend any of the topical sessions. See event details.
Find it on a Map
Tell us what you think
Take a few minutes to share your overall experience with Development Services. Take the customer satisfaction survey.