Building and Planning Service Counters
Inquiries and Assistance
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Plan and Application IntakeLimited services during lunch hour.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00-11:30 a.m. - 1:00-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00-11:30 a.m. - 1:00-3:30 p.m.
Fire Service Counter
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. - Noon; 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Public Works Service Counter
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 pm
Speak with a Planner by Phone at 408-535-3555
To discuss project design requirements, signs, tree removals, or zoning, call during the hours listed below and ask to speak with a planner.
- Monday: 10:00 a.m. - Noon; 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday*: 9:00 a.m. - Noon; 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m. - Noon; 1:00 - 3:00 pm
*Thursday, January 30, No phone hours from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Contact a Building Inspector
For questions regarding building permits, codes, inspections or plan review, use one of the following methods and we'll respond within two business days.
- Email: Infoinspector@sanjoseca.gov
- Voicemail: 408-535-7641