Do you plan new construction for your business or are you modifying or expanding existing space? As part of the approval process, the City usually requires plans from a licensed or certified professional. Whatever the scope of your project, experienced professionals can help you bring your project to a successful and timely completion.
Use the links below to learn more about available architectural, engineering and construction firms servicing San José.
Visit our launch page for more on other business service professionals.
What to know before hiring a professional?
Before contracting with architects, engineers or building contractors, be sure to:
- Learn more about their local knowledge of San José and industry-specific expertise
- Inquire if they are familiar with energy-saving strategies or are LEED certified, if desired
- Ask for a number of references who are familiar with their work
- Visit some recently completed building sites
- Secure a firm quote or budget estimate for your project
- Consider seeking legal counsel before signing any agreements
Where can I learn more about architectural, engineering and construction professionals?
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- California Society of Professional Engineers (CSPE)
- Contractors State License Board (CSLB)
- Associated General Contractors California (AGC-CA)
- Better Business Bureau, Inc. (BBB) Accredited Business Directory for Santa Clara, San
- Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
- Leadership In Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Build It Green (BIG) California