Every person or company conducting business in San José must register for a Business Tax Certificate. Payment is due within 90 days of starting business in San José.
What you need
- Start date of business in San José
- Tax Identification Number (FEIN, SSN, and/or TIN)
- Driver’s License Number (for the principal owner)
- Telephone number
- Ownership name(s) & address(es)
- Address of each location in San José where you do business
- Valid email address
- Contractor's Number/Type (If applicable)
- State Sellers Permit Number (If applicable)
- County Health Permit Number (If applicable)
how to pay
- For New Registrations: If you did not pay during the registration process, you will receive your invoice by mail within 5-10 business days. Then, you may mail in payment or come back here to pay online.
- For Renewals: Pay your Business Tax online. Please have your invoice ready.
After paying, you'll get a Business Tax Certificate in the mail. Remember to display your certificate at your business at all times.