San José City Hall is a unique site for filming and photoshoots with its modern exterior and trademark 110-foot-high glass domed Rotunda. The Rotunda is adjoined by an exceptional eighteen story Tower featuring architectural components of metal, stone, and glass. Indoor locations sport clean lines and plenty of natural light.
San José City Hall welcomes photography and videography on publicly-accessible property subject to the following guidelines:
- All photography and videography activities should be pursued safely and with respect for all San José City Hall customers and employees.
- All photographers and videographers are prohibited from entering, photographing, or taking video in non-public areas.
- When using photography or videography equipment on City Hall property, always be aware of your surroundings, including proximity to moving transit vehicles or street corners and edges.
- Photography or videography activities cannot impede the safe movement of City Hall customers and employees.
- Members of the media with equipment such as video cameras and tripods who need access to paid areas of San José City Hall should contact email@example.com to arrange for access.
PARKING For media
Parking for media is available with a permit on South 5th street behind the Rotunda. Please reach out to Event Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will assist you in obtaining a parking permit in coordination with the Department of Transportation.