At the core of our work is making recommendations to correct deficiencies, strengthen accountability, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of City programs. Our office provides a written report on the status of open audit recommendations to the City Council every six months. The following interactive dashboards allows users to view and sort open audit recommendations by department, type, date, potential budget savings, and target year.
Scroll down to view two interactive dashboards and the list of reports on the Status of Open Audit Recommendations.
Interactive Dashboard the Status of Open Audit Recommendations (Current)
Interactive Dashboard of all Recommendations 2010 to Present
- Priority – Priority items are recommendations identified in collaboration with the City Manager’s Office at the direction of City Council. The City Manager has committed to prioritizing work on these outstanding recommendations. While continuing to work with the City Auditor to make progress on addressing and closing all other open audit recommendations. When recommendations on this list are implemented new priority items may be added to the list.
- Budget Savings – Recommendations that identify new revenues or potential cost savings.
- Meet & Confer – Recommendations that may be subject to discussion with labor unions.
- Securing City Assets – Recommendations that will contribute to protecting, recovering, increasing, or saving City assets.
- Operational Efficiency – Recommendations to improve City operations, streamline processes, and ensure staff time is spent efficiently.
- Transparency and Accountability – Recommendations aimed at increasing transparency and accountability to residents, taxpayers, and program beneficiaries.
- Improved Service Delivery – Recommendations with potential to improve City programs and services.
Instructions for using the interactive dashboards:
- Select the arrows in the bottom right corner of the each of the dashboards to make them full screen.
- Press any button and the board will sort and display related information.
- To select multiple items at once, use 'ctrl' on your keyboard when making your other selections.
- To clear the selections, select the yellow reset button.