Creating Trust Within the Community
Community trust is essential for the Independent Police Auditor. California law precludes the IPA from publicly disclosing the contents of a citizen complaint investigation, as they entail confidential personnel information. Therefore, residents, business owners, visitors, elected officials, and anyone else that requests information about specific cases has to trust and have faith in this office.
View the IPA website for Community Relations.
How does the IPA maintain community trust? — By actively engaging the community and doing the following:
- Having a strong, representative, and active advisory committee.
- Actively serving on community organizations;
- Staying up to date with current events, laws, and legislation;
- Researching and presenting recommendations;
- Networking with national organizations; and
- Mentoring and advising cities nationwide.