The Office of Administration, Policy, and Intergovernmental Relations (or API for short) handles public policy, City Council or Committee items, intergovernmental relations, and administrative functions for the City Manager’s Office.
The City Manager’s Office (CMO) provides strategic leadership that supports the Mayor and City Council and motivates the organization to deliver high quality services that meet the community’s needs. API, under the direction of the CMO Chief of Staff, coordinates internal budget planning and management, leads departmental hiring and onboarding, provides fiscal and purchasing services, offers Citywide public policy expertise, and tracks state and federal legislation.
Our teams and team leaders are:
- Chief of Staff – Leland Wilcox
- Administration – Anna Szabo
- Agenda Services – Gloria Schmanek
- Intergovernmental Relations – Bena Chang
- Office of Immigrant Affairs – Zulma Maciel
- Public Policy – Michelle McGurk
- Special Projects – Sarah Zarate