The Office of Administration, Policy, and Intergovernmental Relations (or API for short) handles public policy, City Council or Committee items, intergovernmental relations, and administrative functions for the City Manager’s Office.
Under the direction of Lee Wilcox, Chief of Staff to the City Manager, the Office helps departments and the City Manager’s Office get complex issues over the goal line. As an example: The team coordinated the planning and polling, as well as the policy recommendations, for the bond measures and two Charter Amendments on the citywide ballot for November 6, 2018.
Our teams and team leaders are:
- Administration – Anna Szabo
- Agenda Services – Gloria Schmanek
- Public Policy – Michelle McGurk
- Intergovernmental Relations – Bena Chang
- Office of Immigrant Affairs – Zulma Maciel