Project DescriptionConditional Use Permit (CP19-021) to allow the demolition of seven existing buildings/structures, the removal of two ordinance-sized trees and four non-ordinance size trees, and the construction of a 83-unit/93 bed, 3-story, 72,870-square foot Residential Care Facility for the Elderly licensed by the CA Department of Social Services with one level of below-grade parking on a 1.23 gross acre site.
General Plan Land Use Designation
- Neighborhood/Community Commercial
- Urban Village
CP Commercial Pedestrian
- File Numbers: CP19-021
- Initial Submittal Date: June 18, 2019
- Owner Names: Bob Bombaci & John Gardner
- Applicant Name: Advocacy Development Partners, LLC
- More Information: Use https://sjpermits.org/permits/ and search by Permit, Property or Zoning Information. Type in the permit/reference number CP19-021.
Site Location Data
- Address / Street Location: 2375 & 2395 South Bascom Avenue
- Assessor's Parcel Numbers: 412-25-009 & 010
Architectural Plan Set
- 1st Submittal on June 18, 2019
- 2nd Submittal on November 1, 2019
- Revised 2nd Submittal (Sheets 1, 3.1, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 9.0, 92, 9.3, 9.4 were updated), November 20, 2019
- 3rd Submittal on December 23, 2019
- 4th Submittal on April 22, 2020
Environmental DocumentsA Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND) for this project was prepared.
The public is welcome to review and comment on the Draft MND. The public comment period for this Draft MND begins on Friday May 1, 2020 and ends on Thursday May 21, 2020. Please contact Bethelhem Telahun at Bethelhem.Telahun@sanjoseca.
Public Outreach / Meetings
- October 17, 2019
- 6:30 pm
- Camden Community Center, Classroom #1
3369 Union Ave
San Jose, CA 95124
Planning Staff ContactName / Title: Angela Wang, Planner II
**Please submit comments to the email address above and please include the project file numbers in the subject line of the email**
Alternate languages may be selected through Google Translate option located in the bottom left corner of this webpage. If you have additional questions regarding this project and need a translator, please contact the appropriate translator noted below.
- Spanish: Para información en español acerca de esta solicitud, comuníquese con Jennifer Provedor al 408-793-4100, e índique el números de Proyecto CP19-021.
- Vietnamese: To speak with a Vietnamese translator, please contact Thai-Chau Le at 408-793-4305 and mention the following project numbers: CP19-021.