The 2nd annual Climate Smart Champion Awards will recognize outstanding efforts by individuals and organizations in 2019 that align with the goals of Climate Smart San José and contribute to a more sustainable San José.
Nominations can be made by filling out the nomination form. The deadline for nominations is March 6, 2020. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards will be granted in the following categories:
- Climate Smart Champion of the Year – Recognizes an individual and/or organization who has aggressively tackled climate change, but also exemplifies extraordinary leadership within San José with their response to climate change and engagement of their peers and partners.
- Climate Smart Mobility Champion – Recognizes an individual and/or organization who has shown leadership and vision in reducing transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions in San José and serving as a champion of sustainable transportation.
- Climate Smart Energy Champion – Recognizes an individual and/or organization that who demonstrated significant and tangible achievement in clean energy or energy efficiency through the implementation and/or promotion of high-impact programs and engagement of their peers and partners.
- Climate Smart Water Champion – Recognizes an individual and/or organization who has demonstrated outstanding leadership for the implementation, planning or promotion of innovative water conservation efforts in San José and engagement of their peers and partners.
- Climate Smart Business Champion – Recognizes an individual and/or business who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to advancing the energy or sustainable development goals of the Climate Smart plan and engaging their peers and partners.
- Climate Smart Community Champion – Recognizes an individual member of the community or community group that has provided outstanding support to the implementation and goals of the Climate Smart plan and engaged their peers and networks.
- Climate Smart Youth Champion – Recognizes a San José youth age 18 or younger for outstanding leadership in climate change, and building awareness and engagement of their peers, school, and/or community in San José.
- Climate Smart City Employee Champion – Recognizes a San José City employee who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership both in addressing climate change and engaging their organization, peers and partners.
- Nominees must be San José residents or operate within the City of San José.
- Elected officials are not eligible while they are serving in public office.
Champions will be announced in March and will be invited to a City Council meeting in April to formally recognize their achievements.