Every 10 years, the U.S. Census Bureau sets out to count every person living in the United States regardless of age, citizenship status, or gender. Become a Volunteer Census Ambassador and help ensure your community gets counted.
What Volunteer Census Ambassadors Do
As a Volunteer Census Ambassador, you will:
- Provide community members with basic information about the 2020 Census.
- Refer community members to resources where they can learn more about the Census.
- Provide guidance on completing the questionnaire online or over the phone.
Here are some additional details:
- 2-4 hours a week from March 12, 2020 to May 12, 2020.
- Training and orientation provided.
- Must be at least 15 years old or older.
- Adults (18+) will need to submit a fingerprint background check before volunteering.
How to Become a Volunteer Census Ambassador
You can become a volunteer in 3 easy steps:
Register at a library branch or at a community center
Complete volunteer training
- An online training will be available starting February 28, 2020.
- You will learn background and importance of the US Census, how Census Stations help ensure an accurate count, as well as how to respond to customer questions.
Get started at your library branch or community center
- Library volunteers will receive onsite New Volunteer Orientation from a library staff member.
- Community Center volunteers will receive their schedule and directions for checking in at their selected community center.