FILE NOS. GP18-013, C18-039, and SP18-060
The project site includes two parcels at 615 Stockton Avenue and 623 Stockton Avenue. The project would demolish the commercial building at 615 Stockton Avenue and relocate the single-family residence at 623 Stockton Avenue to the southwest corner of the project site on Schiele Avenue. The project would also include General Plan Amendment to change the land use designation from Residential Neighborhood to Neighborhood/Community Commercial on one parcel at 623 Stockton Avenue and Conforming Rezoning from Commercial Neighborhood Zoning District (CN) to Commercial Pedestrian Zoning District (CP) on both parcels to facilitate the development of a five-story, 120-room hotel. The total square footage of the proposed project would be approximately 70,687 square feet (includes the 1,292 square foot structure at 623 Stockton Avenue). The project would have a maximum height of 59 feet and six inches to the top of the elevator and stair tower.
October 9, 2019 to October 30, 2019.
Update: Due to administrative posting delay, the public comments period will be extended to October 30, 2019. The revised Notice of Intent is below. Please mail and/or email all your written comments to the Environmental Project Manager (information below).
- Revised Notice of Intent
- SP18-060 615 Final Draft Initial Study MND for Stockton Ave Hotel
- SP18-060 Appendix A - Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Assessment
- SP18-060 Appendix B - Tree Survey
- SP18-060 Appendix C - Historic Report and Supplemental Memo
- SP18-060 Appendix D - Geotechnical Investigation Report
- SP18-060 Appendix E - Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- SP18-060 Appendix F - Noise and Vibration Assessment
- SP18-060 Appendix G - Transportation Analysis and TDM
- SP18-060 Appendix H - Long-Range Transportation Impact Analysis
- Responses to Comments (RTC)
- Attachment 1 - CC05-100 Zoning Info and Map
- Attachment 2 - Proposed Alameda Park Conservation Area
- Attachment 3 - Initial Study Comments
The 615 Stockton Hotel Project (Planning File Nos. GP18-013, C18-039, and SP18-060) is scheduled for its Planning Commission and City Council hearing dates. Please see the information below.
- Planning Commission: Wednesday, January 29, 2020; the Planning Commission begins at 6:30 PM.
The agenda for the Planning Commission meeting along with Staff's Recommendation and project documentation will be posted online at: Planning Commission Agenda and Minutes 2020 Page
The agenda is typically posted one week before the hearing.
Planning Commission's decisions would result in a recommendation to City Council. City Council makes the final decision.
- City Council: Tuesday, February 11, 2020; City Council's evening agenda begins at 6:00 PM.
The agenda for City Council will be posted online at: City Council Hearing Page
The agenda is typically posted 10 days ahead of the hearing.
City Council would make the final decision on the project.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT MANAGER
Planning, Building and Code Enforcement
ATTN: Thai-Chau Le
200 East Santa Clara Street, 3rd Floor
San Jose, CA 95113