FILE NOS: GP17-015, C18-034, SP18-059, T19-017
A General Plan Amendment to amend the Envision San Jose 2040 General Plan Land Use/transportation Diagram designation from Mixed Use Commercial to Transit Residential, a conforming Rezoning from the HI Heavy Industrial Zoning District to the R-M Multiple-Residence Zoning District, and a tentative map to merge and reconfigure six of the parcels (APNs 261-38-001, -004, -030, -047, -048 and -049) into three. A Special Use Permit to demolish two buildings totaling approximately 11,380 square feet, remove three (3) ordinance sized trees, and construct a 100-percent affordable housing (excluding the managers' units) project with 365 affordable, multi-family residential units with two towers with an alternative parking arrangement, back-up generator, and up to 12.5-foot tall retaining wall on a 1.13-acre portion of the 1.22-acre site. One building (Family Building) is an approximately 194,246-square foot, 13-story building with a rooftop garden, and the second building (Workforce Building) is approximately 150,082-square feet and 13-stories with a rooftop garden. A State Density Bonus is requested including a 29-percent increase in density and waivers to increase in building height; reduce the required setbacks along McEvoy Street and Dupont Street, and reduce the amount of required motorcycle parking.
The 1.22-acre project site is comprised of seven contiguous parcels located at 280 McEvoy Street; north of the West San Carlos Street bridge ramp between McEvoy Street and Dupont Street.
ASSESSOR'S PARCEL NUMBER
261-38-001, -004, -005, -030, -047, -048, and -049
- McEvoy Affordable Housing IS-EA
- Appendix A - Air Quality Assessment
- Appendix B - Arborist Report
- Appendix C - Historic Resources Survey and Report
- Appendix D - Geotechnical Investigation
- Appendix E - Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix F - Phase II Groundwater and Soil Vapor Investigation
- Appendix G - Noise and Vibration Assessment
- Appendix H - Transportation Analysis
- Appendix I - List of Threatened and Endangered Species
- Appendix J - Explosive and Fire Hazards Review
The project will be heard before the Planning Commission on January 29, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. at Council Chambers, 200 E. Santa Clara Street.
The project will be heard before the City Council on February 12, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. at Council Chambers, 200 E. Santa Clara Street.