Project DescriptionPlanned Development Rezoning from the R-2 Two-Family Residence Zoning District and the CO Commercial Office Zoning District to CP(PD) Planned Development Zoning District to allow a new seven story mixed-use building with up to 241 residential units and approximately 1,300 square feet of commercial space and approximately 1.28-gross acre site.
Planned Development Permit to allow for the removal of trees, demolition of four existing commercial buildings, and the construction of a seven-story mixed-use building containing with up to 241 residential units and approximately 1,400 square feet ground floor commercial.
Planning Staff ContactName / Title: Tracy Tam, Planner II
**Please submit comments to the email address above and please include the project file number in the subject line of the email**
- Existing: CO Commercial Office and R-2 Two-Family Residence Zoning District
- Proposed: Commercial Pedestrian Planned Development Zoning CP(PD)
- File Numbers: PDC18-016 and PD19-011
- Initial Submittal Date: April 26, 2018 for PDC18-016, April 10, 2019 for PD19-011
- Owner Name: Holmes Business LLC Et Al
- Applicant Name: Strangis Properties
- More Information: Use sjpermits.org and search by Permit, Property or Zoning Information. Type in the permit/reference numbers PDC18-016 and PD19-011.
Site Location Data
- Address / Street Location: 259 Meridian Avenue
- Assessor's Parcel Number: 274-14-152
- City Council District: 6
- View Google Map
Planned Development Zoning Plan Sets:
Planned Development Permit Plan Sets:
Environmental DocumentsThe Environmental Initial Study was submitted to staff on January 17, 2019. The assigned Environmental Planner is Thai-Chau Le. She can be reached at Thai-Chau.Le@sanjoseca.gov. Please include the project file number (PDC18-016) in the subject line of your email.
Public Outreach / Meetings
A community meeting has been scheduled for this project. Below is information concerning the community meeting:
Date: May 15, 2019
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Location: Westminter Presbyterian Church, Fireside Room, 1100 Shasta Avenue, San Jose, CA 95126
A public hearing has not yet been scheduled for this project. If you would like to receive the public hearing notice when the meetings are scheduled, please email the planning staff contact with the file number in the subject line of the email. In the body of the email, please include your full name and mailing address.
Alternate languages may be selected through Google Translate option located in the at the top of the webpage. If you have additional questions regarding this project and need a translator, please contact the appropriate translator noted below.
- Spanish: Para información en español acerca de esta solicitud, comuníquese con Jennifer Provedor al 408-793-4100, e índique el número de Proyecto PDC18-016 y PD19-011.
- Vietnamese: To speak with a Vietnamese translator, please contact Kieulan Pham at 408-793-4305 and mention the following project number: PDC18-016 and PD19-011.