Conditional Use Permit (File No. CP20-001) to allow the demolition of the existing buildings on site and the construction of a five-story mixed-use project consisting of ground floor commercial uses, approximately 28,690 square feet, up to 796 residential units, a 0.5-acre public park and an alternative parking arrangement (i.e. stackers) on a 11.42-gross acre site.
General Plan Land Use DesignationUrban Village
ZoningMS-C Main Street Commercial Zoning District
- File Numbers: CP20-001
- Initial Submittal Date: January 6, 2020
- Owner Names: Cortez Enterprises, Inc., Charles Johnisee, Alum Rock Properties, LLC, Robert Houret Construction Co, Inc., Berns Bertram
- Applicant Name: SiliconSage Builders
- More Information: Use sjpermits.org and search by Permit, Property or Zoning Information. Type in the permit/reference number CP20-001.
Site Location Data
- Address / Street Location: 2101, 2149, 2075, 2055 Alum Rock Avenue, 61 and 70 North Sunset Avenue (northside of Alum Rock Avenue, approximately 220 feet westerly of Jose Figueres Avenue)
- Assessor's Parcel Numbers: 481-07-016, 017, 018,019, 020, 027 & 028
- City Council District: 5
Architectural Plan Set
CP20-001 Plan Set - 1st Submittal on January 6, 2020
CP20-001 Plan Set - 2nd Submittal on June 19, 2020
Environmental DocumentsThe environmental document is not available for review at this time, but will be posted at on the Environmental Review page when available.
Public Outreach / Meetings
Joint Community & Environmental Scoping Meeting
Date: August 3, 2020
Time: 6:30PM to 8PM
Location: Zoom (To be updated)
PLANNING STAFF CONTACT
Name / Title: Angela Wang, Planner II
**Please submit comments to the email address above and please include the project file numbers in the subject line of the email**
Alternate languages may be selected through Google Translate option located at the top of the webpage. If you have additional questions regarding this project and need a translator, please contact the appropriate translator noted below.
- Spanish: Para información en español acerca de esta solicitud, comuníquese con Jennifer Provedor al 408-793-4100, e índique el números de Proyecto CP20-001.
- Vietnamese: To speak with a Vietnamese translator, please contact Thai-Chau Le at 408-793-4305 and mention the following project numbers: CP20-001.