SP20-013: The demolition of two commercial buildings, the removal of three ordinance-size trees, and the construction of one six-story multi-family residential building including 62 units and associated parking, landscaping and amenities. Nine units are proposed to be restricted as affordable for moderate-income residents; and
T20-014: A Tentative Map to subdivide the project into 62 residential condominiums for the purpose of individual sale on a 0.576-gross acre site.
Planning Staff Contact
Laura Meiners, Planner
Please submit comments to the email address above and include the project file number in the subject line of the email.
PUBLIC OUTREACH / MEETINGS
Community Meeting - Wednesday, September 2, 2020
Time: 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Previous Agenda: (includes instructions for participating by Zoom or phone)
Zoom Link: https://sanjoseca.zoom.us/j/99470096261
You are invited to a community meeting to give feedback on this proposed project. Comments are encouraged and accepted prior to the meeting date. Please email Laura.Meiners@sanjoseca.gov
Alternate languages may be selected through Google Translate option located at the top of the webpage. If you have additional questions regarding this project and need a translator, please contact the appropriate translator noted below.
- Spanish: Para información en español acerca de esta solicitud, comuníquese con Jennifer Provedor al 408-793-4100, e índique el número de Proyecto SP20-013.
- Vietnamese: Muốn biết tin tức bằng tiếng Việt về tờ thông tin này, xin quý vị liên lạc Kieulan Pham ở số (408) 793-4174: SP20-013.
General Plan Land Use Designation
Existing: Urban Residential
Existing: R-M Multiple Residential Zoning District
- File Numbers: SP20-013 and T20-014
- Initial Submittal Dates: October 18, 2019
- Owner Name (Except APN 264-31-042) /Applicant Names: Sam Nemazie
- More Information: Use sjpermits.org and search by Permit, Property or Zoning Information. Type in the permit/reference numbers (SP20-013)
Site Location Data
- Address / Street Location: 1747 Almaden Road (west side of the street, approximately 350 feet south of Willow Glen Way).
- Assessor's Parcel Number: 456-03-003
- City Council District: 6
- View Google Map
Special Use Permit Plan Set:
Environmental Review under CEQA
A Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration, Initial Study (IS/MND) is being prepared as part of the environmental review process of the project. Once completed, the City will issue a public Notice of Intent and the Draft IS/MND would enter a 20 to 30-day public circulation period available for public review and comments.
The assigned Environmental Planner is Kenneth Rosales. He can be reached at Kenneth.Rosales@sanjoseca.gov. Please include the project file numbers (SP20-013 and T20-014) in the subject line of your email.