The project includes General Plan Amendment (GP19-008) to change the General Plan land use designation from Public/Quasi-Public to Downtown, and Site Development Permit (H20-004) to allow the demolition of 16 single-family homes, and the construction of two 20-story, 297-foot tall, approximately 1.8-million-square-foot office towers with approximately 6,000-square feet of ground floor retail, 4 levels of below grade parking and 4 levels of on and above grade parking on a 3.08-gross acre site.
Planning Staff Contact
Name / Title: Jessica Setiawan, Planner
Name / Title: Angela Wang, Planner
**Please submit comments to the email address above and please include the project file number in the subject line of the email**
PUBLIC OUTREACH / MEETINGS
June 29, 2020, Virtual Joint Community and Environmental Scoping Meeting
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Comments are encouraged and accepted prior to the meeting date.
Alternate languages may be selected through Google Translate option located at the top of the webpage. If you have additional questions regarding this project and need a translator, please contact the appropriate translator noted below.
- Spanish: Para información en español acerca de esta solicitud, comuníquese con Jennifer Provedor al 408-793-4100, e índique el números de Proyecto GP19-008 y H20-004.
- Vietnamese: To speak with a Vietnamese translator, please contact Thai-Chau Le at 408-793-4305 and mention the following project numbers: GP19-008 and H20-004.
General Plan Land Use Designation
Current: Public/Quasi-Public (PQP)
Proposed: Downtown (DT)
- DC Downtown Primary Commercial
- File Numbers: GP19-008 & H20-004
- Initial Submittal Dates: October 2, 2019 for GP19-008 & April 9, 2020 for H20-004
- Owner Name (Except APN 264-31-042) /Applicant Names: KT Urban
- More Information: Use https://sjpermits.org/permits/ and search by Permit, Property or Zoning Information. Type in the permit/reference numbers GP19-008/ H20-004
Site Location Data
- Address / Street Location: South Corner of South Almaden Boulevard and Woz Way, 501, 507, 515, 527, 533, 541, 547 & 553 South Almaden Boulevard, 276, 286 & 296 Woz Way, 529, 533, 520, 524, 526, 528 & 530 Locust Street (APNs: 264-31-037~044, 061~ 067, 092, 107,108). Note that H20-004 currently excludes 541 South Almaden Boulevard (APN 264-31-042).
- City Council District: 3
Site Development Permit Plan Set:
- H20-004 Plan Set – 1st Submittal on April 9, 2020
Environmental Review under CEQA
A Supplement Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) to the Downtown Strategy 2040 EIR is being prepared under California State Environmental Act (CEQA). Public input on the scope of the SEIR is encouraged so that the review addresses all relevant environmental issues. The Notice of Preparation (NOP) for the SEIR is available for review online in the EIR Library of the City of San Jose’s Planning Division web site: www.sanjoseca.gov/ActiveEIRs. Please contact Meenaxi Raval, Supervising Planner, at Meenaxi.Raval@sanjoseca.gov for comments and questions on the SEIR.