Yes, we have a new look.

Welcome to the City of San José's new digital front door!

File a Minimum Wage Complaint

Contact the Office of Equality Assurance (OEA) if you believe an employer is not paying minimum wage. All complaints are confidential, and an employer cannot terminate or discriminate against an employee for filing a complaint with OEA.

There are 3 ways to file a compliant:

  1. In person at the Office of Equality Assurance:

    200 East Santa Clara Street, Fifth Floor
    San Jose, CA 95113

  2. By phone at (408) 535-8430

  3. By email at

Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Your name, mailing address, and phone number
  • Name, address, and phone number of the business
  • Manager or owner's name
  • Type of work performed
  • How and when employees are paid (example: cash or check, weekly or bi-weekly)

Any additional information you can provide; such as copies of pay stubs, personal records of hours worked, or other information regarding the business's pay practice can be helpful.