San José Animal Care Center
2750 Monterey Rd.
San Jose, CA 95111
Volunteer Position Title: SJACS Dog Socializer Pal
Supervisor: Volunteer Supervisor; Animal Behaviorist
Location of Volunteer Assignment: 2750 Monterey Hwy., San Jose, CA 95111
Minimum Age: 18
What is fun and meaningful about this job?
This position helps our adoptable dogs deal with the stress of living in a cage. They are very grateful to have individual attention and have a chance to walk around, play and have a break from their environment. It is also an opportunity to learn basic obedience (manners) which gives them a much better chance of being adopted!
- Exercise, socialize and train adoption dogs
- Document activities, behavior and training progress
The volunteer must:
- Have a positive attitude
- Have previous experience directly caring for owned pet or previous volunteer or work experience directly working with dogs
- Be able to read a dog's body language
- Be able to document interaction
- Have the ability to work independently
- Be willing to adhere to the policies and procedures as instructed
- Be dependable
(All training done at the Animal Care Center. Class schedules provided after we receive your application.)
- SJACS Online Orientation
- Safe Animal Handling Training
- Satisfactory completion of written and practical evaluations
- This position requires up to 10 hours of training.