The Community and Economic Development Committee meets on the fourth Monday of the month at 1:30 p.m. in rooms W118 and W119. The purpose of their meetings is to manage the growth and change of the City of San José in order to encourage a strong economy; ensure a diverse range of arts, cultural, and entertainment offerings; and create and preserve housing and healthy neighborhoods. This committee was previously named the Driving a Strong Economy Committee.
For more information on this committee, please contact Tara Reid at (408) 535-8179.
The Community and Economic Development Committee comprises the following members:
- Councilmember Khamis, Chair
- Councilmember Foley, Vice Chair
- Councilmember Diep
- Councilmember Peralez
- Councilmember Esparza
The committee staff comprises the following individuals:
- Kim Walesh, City Manager's Office, (408) 535-8177
- Ed Moran, City Attorney's Office
- Kelly Kline, Mayor's Office
- Louis Osemwegie, Clerk's Office