Who is a Lobbyist?
You are considered a lobbyist if you are influencing or attempting to influence a city official or city official-elect with regard to a legislative or administrative action of the city or redevelopment agency (San José Municipal Code § 12.12.170). Lobbyists must register with the City Clerk's Office and file weekly lobbyist reporting forms. Review our Frequently Asked Questions for more detailed information.
Weekly Lobbyist Reporting Information-For Lobbyists
The new City of San José Weekly Reporting form is now available. In order to file weekly, you will need to register to create an account. You will receive confirmation once your account is approved.
Please note you only need to file if you have activity. If you have no activity, you will not need to file.
A “calendar week” begins at 12:00 a.m. on Monday and ends at 11:59 p.m. on the following Sunday. Weekly reports must be filed with the City Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Monday for the prior calendar week. If Monday is a holiday, the weekly report must be filed by 5:00 p.m. the next business day.
How to View Lobbyist Reports
To view weekly reports filed with the new portal, please go to our Lobbyist Public Portal.
To view weekly reports filed during our transition between systems, see links below.
- View Lobbyist Weekly Form Submissions:
Contact the City Clerk’s Office for all Lobbyist reports filed prior to February 2018 including weekly and quarterly.
Lobbyist Registration Forms
- City of San José Lobbyist Registration Form (Now available to submit online)
- Schedule A - Contributions, Expenditures, Fundraising and Donations
- Schedule B - Payment for Consultant and Other Services
- Schedule C - Activity Expenses
- Form D - Lobbyist Disclosure of Contingent Compensation
- Form E - Lobbyist Annual Registration and Client Renewal
- Form F - Contract Lobbyist Client Notice of Termination
- Form G - Contract Lobbyist Notice of New Client
Additional Information for Lobbyists
- Lobbyist Ordinance Questions and Answers
- Lobbyist Ordinance (Ordinance No. 29959)
- List of Registered Lobbyist
- City's Federal Lobbyists
- City's State Lobbyists
Questions about the lobbyist registration process, or further information can be directed to the Office of the City Clerk at (408) 535-1260.