Office of Emergency Management
855 N. San Pedro St.
San Jose, CA 95110
Phone: (408) 794-7055
Lead efforts to protect life, property and the environment by developing, coordinating and managing programs that prevent, prepare for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate natural and man-made disasters and emergencies.
Program Elements and Key Components
The San José Office of Emergency Management program is organized within the framework contained in the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1600 Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs. The order of the program elements does not necessarily represent their importance or priority.
Other Program Elements
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Impact Analysis
- Hazard Mitigation
- Direction, Control and Coordination
- Communications and Warning
- Operations and Procedures
- Logistics and Facilities
- Resource Management
- Mutual Aid
- Exercises, Evaluations and Improvement Plans
- Crisis Communications and Public Information
- Finance and Administration
- Laws and Authorities
- Continuity of Government