The City of San José takes pride in our employees and the high-quality services we provide to the community. In order to ensure that we maintain and improve upon the quality and integrity of our services, the City of San José created the Whistleblower Hotline to provide the public and employees with an opportunity to express concerns such as:
- Theft of City resources (e.g., cash, equipment, supplies, or materials)
- Record falsification, including timecards
- Misuse of City equipment or property
- Misuse or waste of City resources, including government funds
- Improper activities by City officials, employees, and contractors
Report a Concern
There are various ways to express concerns:
- Call the Whistleblower Hotline at (408) 535-8200. Callers may leave a voicemail after hours.
- Fax the Whistleblower Hotline at (408) 292-6436.
- Email the Whistleblower Hotline.
- Submit a concern through the Whistleblower Hotline - Online Complaint Form.
- Send a letter to:
City of San José
200 E. Santa Clara St.
3rd Floor Wing
San José, CA 95113-1905
You may choose to remain anonymous. Caller ID has been disabled for the Whistleblower Hotline. If you choose to submit a concern online or via email and want to remain anonymous, please use a non-City computer with an email address that does not contain your name.