Based upon the information provided, the City will determine whether you qualify for a waiver of advance deposit for your hearing request.
The advance deposit hardship waiver program is voluntary. If you choose to apply, you must provide the information requested. Failure to provide sufficient information will result in a determination of ineligibility for this wavier.
Note: The Citation date and weekends are included in the 15 and 30 day hearing request period.
Proof of Income Documentation
If applicable, please include the current Federal Income Tax Return (form 1040, 1040A) and copies of all the following that apply for the individual(s) cited.
Accepted Income Verification
- Current year Letter 1722 from IRS for non-income adults 1-800-829-1040
- Current year Verification of Social Security Benefits (SSA) 1-800-772-1213
- Current year Verification of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) 1-800-772-1213
- Current year Welfare or General Assistance eligibility (Notice of Action / Income Verification)
- Current year Documentation of Unemployment from Employment Development Department (EDD) 408-436-5600
A business must also provide the Schedule C as proof of income.
- Business Owner Deposit Waiver Guidelines for 2019: A business must be sole proprietorship, have no employees and the gross receipts from the Schedule C, line 1 will be at or below the poverty level.
- 2019: $37,470
- Residential Advance Deposit Waiver Guidelines for 2019
- 1 dependent: $37,470 annual gross income
- 2 dependents: $50,730 annual gross income
- 3 dependents: $63,990 annual gross income
- 4 dependents: $77,250 annual gross income
- 5 dependents: $90,510 annual gross income
- 6 dependents: $103,770 annual gross income
- 7 dependents: $117,030 annual gross income
- 8 dependents: $130,290 annual gross income
- Each additional person: $13,260