New & Rehabilitated Income Restricted Units
In October 2007, the Governor signed AB 987. One of the requirements of AB 987 was for redevelopment agencies to compile, maintain, and make available to the public a database of existing new and substantially rehabilitated income restricted units assisted with moneys from the Low and Moderate Income Housing Fund.
The AB 987 report is updated annually. Please note that housing units created or rehabilitated for victims of domestic violence are not included in this database.
Information currently listed in the database includes:
- The address and parcel number of the property.
- The date and document number of the affordability covenants that are recorded on replacement properties in the event that an ownership unit is resold at market rate.
- The date when the affordability covenant or restriction was recorded.
- The document number of the recording.
- The expiration date of the covenant or restriction.
- The year in which construction was completed.
For information on our ownership units, please view a list of owner-occupied units. Please note that the data captured on ownership units purchased before 2005 is not as comprehensive. Please call the Housing Department at (408) 535-3860 if you have any questions.
Complete List of Affordable Multifamily Housing Units
The AB 987 report is a subset of all of the restricted affordable units in San Jose. The All Affordable Units report provides a complete list of all affordable units in San Jose.