200 E. Santa Clara St.
San José, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535-3860
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
City Council - housing Actions and Memos
- Council Actions: Brief summaries of actions taken by the City Council on housing matters.
- Council Memos: Housing Department memos to the City Council and Council committees
- Information Memos: Housing Department information memos to the City Council on various projects and topics, including the Director's Delegation of Authority Report
Housing and Community Development Commission (HCDC) Memos
- HCDC Memos: Housing Department staff reports to the HCDC.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Reports
- Consolidated Plan: Establishes five-year priorities and strategies for the use of HUD funds.
- Annual Action Plan: Establishes annual priorities and strategies to meet the Consolidated Plan targets.
- Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER): Performance report that measures the success in achieving the priorities and strategies established by the Annual Action Plan.
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing (AI): Assembles fair housing information, identifies existing impediments to fair housing choice, and recommends actions to overcome the impediments.
- Citizen Participation Plan (CPP): Describes the efforts that the City will take to encourage its residents to participate in developingConsolidated and Annual Action Plans and its associated performance reports.
California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) Reports
- Housing Element and Annual Update to the Housing Element: Housing Element establishes programs, policies, and land use strategies to meet San José's Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA). The Annual Update to the Housing Element is a report to HCD that measures success in achieving goals established in the Housing Element.
- Housing Successor Report: Annual SB341 report to HCD on the Low and Moderate Income Housing Asset Fund.
San José Housing Department Plans and Reports
- Affordable Housing Investment Plan: City initiated strategic plan that prioritizes how the City will use its resources to implement programs and policies to meet its housing objectives.
- Housing Production Reports: Reports on the production of affordable housing.
- Homeless Census and Survey: A point-in-time count of homeless individuals and families that is performed in odd numbered years.
- Rent Stabilization Program
- IBM Smarter Cities Challenge Report, November 2017: A report of findings and recommendations by the IBM Smarter Cities Challenge team regarding the proposed rent registry and affordable housing application.
For questions or comments, please contact the Policy Team at 408-975-4451.