The City of San José manages a multitude of federal grants in which it receives funding. These grants include:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
- HOME Investment Partnership (HOME)
- Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS (HOPWA) programs
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
- Consolidated and Annual Action Plan
- Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report
- NSP 1 & 2 Quarterly Reports and Action Plan in DRGR
Other Federal Grant Programs
In addition, the City of San José has also received funding from the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. These programs have funded the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program, the Neighborhood Stabilization Program and the Community Development Block Grant-Recovery Program.
Each of these programs requires the City of San José to submit quarterly performance reports.
Language Access Plan (LAP)
The LAP is intended for use by the City of San José Housing Department and by sub-recipients of federal funding in order to provide meaningful access to housing programs and services for persons of limited English proficiency. The LAP was approved by the City Council in December 2007.