The City offers a variety of benefit options to employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Human Resources staff are available to assist prospective and current employees in understanding and utilizing the plans most effectively. Click below to learn more.
*COVID-19 Employee Resources*
The City offers multiple voluntary benefits to enhance the core offerings.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical Reimbursement and Dependent Care)
- Commuter Benefit
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Personal Accident Insurance (AD&D)
- Long Term Care(for existing subscribers only)
Financial Wellness Programs
Other helpful resources
- Employee Benefits Guidebook
- Employee Benefits Handbook
- Provider Contact Information
- Updating Beneficiaries
- Information for Separating Employees
- Workers Compensation
- Bargaining Units and Labor Contract Information
Please note that forms related to specific benefits can be found within the applicable benefit page.
Use this form to initiate benefit changes outside your new hire/newly eligible event or annual open enrollment. i.e. To request changes to your own or dependent's coverage due to a qualifying life event, such as change in marital status, birth or placement of a child, and/or change if benefit eligibility. Please note that you must submit this form within 30 days of the qualifying life event and provide applicable proof of event to HRBenefits@sanjoseca.gov.
Use this form to provide proof of relationship for a current or new domestic partner that is or will be covered as a dependent on your City benefits.
Use this form to enroll in or update enrollment in the City's Wellness Reward Program.
Staff is available to assist prospective and current employees in understanding the benefits offered. Please call, e-mail, or visit us for additional information.
Location: San Jose City Hall- 200 E. Santa Clara Street, 4th Floor, San Jose, CA 95113