- P&A Group Flexible Spending Account Brochure
- P&A Group Flexible Spending Account Plan Summary
- P&A Group Flexible Spending Account Plan Document
- Note: The CARES Act - Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, signed into law on March 27, 2020, amended the tax code to allow OTC items to be considered eligible expenses without a prescription, however; vitamins and supplements still require a doctor’s recommendation to treat a medical condition. Also. all menstrual care products may now be reimbursed. These provisions are permanent and effective retroactively to January 1, 2020 and P&A is administering your plan in accordance with these changes. Please see Notice of Plan Changes which the City is required to distribute.
- Dependent Care Verification Form
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- Flexible Spending Account Claim Form
Medical Reimbursement Account (MRA)
The City offers its employees a Medical Reimbursement Account (MRA) in accordance with IRS Sections 125/129. Normally, out-of-pocket healthcare expenses are paid with money that has already been taxed. However, using the MRA program, out-of-pocket expenses can be reimbursed from a trust account funded with pre-tax deductions from the employee’s paycheck. This reduces taxable income so City employees will pay less in taxes and have more money to spend and save.
Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
The City offers its employees a Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) in accordance with IRS Sections 125/129. Normally, dependent care is paid for with money that has already been taxed. However, using the DCAP program, out-of-pocket expenses can be reimbursed from a trust account funded with pre-tax deductions from the employee’s paycheck. This reduces taxable income so City employees will pay less in taxes and have more money to spend and save.
Important Note Regarding Flexible Spending Account Debit Cards:
P&A Group only issues FSA debit cards once during the initial enrollment. They do not re-issue debit cards every year when employees re-enroll. If you have lost your debit card and need a replacement card issued, you must call P&A Group at (800) 688-2611.
All Full and Part-time benefited employees are eligible to participate in these programs.
Please Note: Employees must re-enroll in FSA every year during open enrollment. Contributions do not rollover automatically.
Due to IRS regulations, employees enrolling in an FSA who earn $120,000 or more may be limited in their election amount. The election amount limit will be determined by testing during the plan year. If your election is over the limit, the City will reduce your contribution amount for the plan to pass IRS testing.
There is a $3.75 monthly administrative fee for participating in one or both of the City’s Flexible Spending Accounts which is paid for by participants.
For more information about Flexible Spending Accounts, contact Human Resources - Employee Benefits at HRBenefits@sanjoseca.gov.