The IT Strategic Plan is a holistic planning and strategy formulation process, starting with technical SWOT (Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats) assessments, building a vision and strategy for the future with input from City stakeholders and constituents, and resulting in the creating of a target plan with investment commitments. See IT Strategic Plan.
IT Strategic Direction
- Engage an exceptional team defined by our solutions, service, and growth.
- Re-platform onto current, responsive technologies and services as our foundation.
- Secure to manage evolving cyber security risks and operational requirements.
- Maximize investments through project management and user-centric approaches.
- Accelerate the City's ability to execute and sustain innovation.
- Focus on prioritized business needs:
- Customer Relation Management (CRM)
- Data platform for decision-making + transparency
- Business Process Automation
The City of San José’s technology goals support a thriving community of residents and businesses. Aligning with the San Jose Smart City Vision, the 2017-2019 IT Strategic Plan serves as the foundation for the City’s information and communications technology investments and services.Click here for the latest report to the Mayor and City Council Smart Cities and Service Improvements Committee Advisory Boards of volunteer experts in technology, innovation, and cyber security are tapped to help the City refine our plans with insights from though-leaders in critical fields.
- Innovation & Technology Advisory Board - March 2017 - March 2018