About the Creative Entrepreneur Project
- Enhancing support for creative entrepreneurs and the commercial creative sector in San Jose.
- The Creative Entrepreneur Project (CEP) is led by the Office of Cultural Affairs (OCA), to improve the San Jose opportunity landscape for independent artists, regardless of their medium or field of practice.
- It was inspired by the City's commitment to support our local arts community, and prompted by growing recognition about the absence of specific focus on individual artists in the long-standing efforts of the City to support this community.
- The primary goal is to enrich San Jose’s cultural vibrancy and enhance its creative economy by actively providing support to artists (across all disciplines in both the non-commercial and commercial arenas) living or working in San Jose.
- Launched in 2008, the initiative paired the resources and goals of the OCA with the expertise and resources of the Center for Cultural Innovation (CCI) to better understand the career ambitions, needs and the challenges artists face as individuals living and working in the Silicon Valley economy. The key recommendations, activities and findings are included in the CEP Final Report.