Through the Office of Cultural Affairs, the City of San Jose offers programs of financial support to ensure a rich variety of arts and cultural opportunities for the community.
Core Cultural Funding Portfolio
The City’s core Cultural Funding Portfolio consists of three annual grants programs that are awarded through a competitive application process:
- Festival, Parade and Celebration Grants support San Jose community festivals, parades and celebrations by nonprofit organizations.
- Operating Grants support professionally-managed San Jose arts organizations that operate year-round arts programs.
- take pART Grants support publicly-accessible arts activities produced by San Jose organizations.
Guidelines for each grant program are now available.
- Festival, Parade and Celebration Grants Guidelines
- Operating Grants Guidelines
- take pART Grants Guidelines
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR THE FY 2020-2021 GRANT APPLICATION CYCLE
|Festival, Parade and Celebration Grants||Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.|
|Operating Grants||Monday, January 27, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.|
|take pART Grants||Monday, February 3, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.|
Pre-Application Workshops for FY 2020-2021 Grant Application Cycle
- Festival, Parade and Celebration Grants (Two Identical Workshops)
Wednesday, November 27, 2019 Noon - 1:00 p.m. Room T-1254 Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Room T-1254
- Operating Grants (Two Identical Workshops)
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Room T-1254 Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:00 a.m. - noon Room T-1254
- take pART Grants (Two Identical Workshops)
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Room T-1254 Wednesday, December 10, 2019 Noon -1:00 p.m. Room T-1254
General Timeline of Annual Grant Application Cycle
(May be Subject to Change)
Guidelines and applications release in Webgrants / Pre-Application Workshops
|November / December|
|January / February|
Applications reviewed by Grant Panels
|March / April|
Recommendations reviewed by Arts Commission / Recommendations reviewed by City Council Action
|May / June|
Contracts issued for awarded grants