The City of San José offers a variety of grants for individuals, organizations, and businesses.
How to Apply
The City has a single point of entry to view and apply for active City of San José grant opportunities, called "WebGrants." Once you register on the site, you will be able to view and apply for City grants as they become available. If you would like to know if your agency is already in the system, please contact WebGrants.
Below are links to a selection of grant programs offered by different City departments.
- Arts and Cultural Exchange Grants
- Festival, Parade and Celebration Grants
- Cultural Affairs Operating Grants
- take pART Grants
- Community Development Block Grants
- Emergency Solutions Grants
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS-SPNS
- Housing Trust Fund Program
PARKS, RECREATION AND NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICES
To learn about the following grant opportunities, register on the online grants management system, WebGrants.
- Bringing Everyone's Strengths Together (B.E.S.T.) grants address the needs of high-risk and gang-involved youth and their families, to provide a coordinated continuum of prevention, intervention and suppression services.
- Safe Summer Initiative (SSIG) grants provide or enhance recreational and/or educational opportunities not normally available to high-risk and gang-impacted youth during the summer months.
- Senior Health & Wellness Initiative (SHW) grants reduce social isolation and improve the health and wellness of individuals ages 60 and up by providing a safe place for seniors to engage in quality programs at senior nutrition sites throughout San Jose.
- The Sewer Grant Program helps homeowners with a portion of the cost for fixing or replacing building sewers.