Penitencia Creek Trail is located in central and east San José and is partially developed.
The trail system follows Penitencia Creek from Coyote Creek to Alum Rock Park. Portions of the trail system are developed from King Road to Dorel Drive, with a mixture of paved and gravel surfaces. The trail system passes through Penitencia Creek Park, site of the Berryessa Community Center.
- Map of Penitencia Trail (open trail reaches)
Interpretive Signs found along Reach 1B (Dorel Avenue to Nobel Avenue
- Penitencia Creek Master Plan - Reach 6 (King Road to Jackson Avenue) 330MB, very slow download
- Penitencia Creek Master Plan - Reach 2 (Noble Avenue to Dorel Drive) 200MB, very slow download
- Penitencia Creek Master Plan - Reach 1 (Noble Avenue to Alum Rock Park entrance)
- Penitencia Creek Trail Master Plan - 1977 (Coyote Creek to Alum Rock Park) Map Graphic
- Penitencia Creek Trail Master Plan - 1967 (Coyote Creek to Alum Rock Park)
The trail system is designated as part of the Bay Area Ridge Trail.