The trail system is located in southeastern San José, generally within the Evergreen and Silver Creek neighborhoods.
The gravel trail follows Thompson Creek. It is currently in an interim condition, with design work underway for paving of the trail. The adopted master plan defines a trail system from Lake Cunningham Park at Tully Road to Heartland Way along San Felipe Road.
2.9 miles (includes loop trail between Tully-Quimby, mix of paved and gravel trail).
- Map of Thompson Creek Trail
- Map of planned sidewalk project along Capitol Expressway - basis for future trail widening
- Thompson Creek Master Plan
- Thompson Creek Feasibility Study
- Thompson Creek Design Memoradum (west side alignment)
- Thompson Creek Construction Plans (18MB)
The trail is not part of a regional, state or nationally-designated trail system.