Updates on City of San José Services and/or Operations . (English | Español | Tiếng Việt | 中文)


Bringing a Bounce House to your Party?

The City has 36 parks that allow air jumpers. Some sites must have a picnic reservation and some do not. Read through the Air Jumper rules and guidelines before you make your reservation or call a vendor. You must use one of the vendors from the City of San Jose approved vendor list.

Review all the Documents Below

Bug & Insect Collecting

We offer insect collecting permission in all of our city parks. You must visit the Leininger Center to obtain an Authorization Letter to collect bugs for personal use. 1300 Senter Road, San Jose, CA 95112 or call (408) 794-6527 for more information.

Holding Large Festivals & Events

The City of San José has many special event venues for concerts and festivals. Venues include iconic locations in the heart of downtown San José such as Plaza de Cesar Chavez, Guadalupe River Park & Gardens – Discovery Meadow and Arena Green as well as the historic St. James Park. If you’re planning a large scale festival or event, we have a section dedicated to Special Park Usage (SPU) Permits that will help you plan your blockbuster event.

Metal Detecting

Application forms can be picked up at Leininger Center. Completed applications must be submitted to the park reservation staff at Leininger Center, 1300 Senter Road (inside Kelley Park), Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:40pm.

  • Yearly application fee of $40 and $1 for each detector card (first card is included in the application fee).

Required Photo Permits

Professional Photography

Photo permits are necessary for any type of photography or filming where a photographer is profiting from taking photos or using advanced photographic equipment (i.e., lights, reflectors, props, costumes, models, etc.)

  • Example: A couple who secures and pays a photographer to take their wedding photos at a park at a designated time shall be required to obtain a photo permit and pay permit fees.
  • Application forms can be picked up at Leininger Center.
  • Photo permits may be obtained at the Leininger Center, located in Kelley Park, 1300 Senter Road, Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 4:30 pm.
  • Our two most popular wedding photo sites, the Japanese Friendship Garden and the Municipal Rose Garden, fill up fast, so it is advisable to plan well ahead of your desired date.

Two Hour Photo Permit Fee – Japanese Friendship Garden, Regional Parks, and Neighborhood Parks

  • $60.00 Application Fee
  • $40.00 Permit Fee

One Hour Photo Permit Fee at the Municipal Rose Garden

  • $60.00 Application Fee
  • $40.00 Permit Fee

Photo permits are scheduled during the one hour between wedding ceremony reservations at the Municipal Rose Garden. If booking a wedding ceremony reservation at the Municipal Rose Garden, the photo permit fee is included in the reservation fee and the two hour time slot.

Non-Professional Photography

Non-professional photography where the photographer is not being paid and the equipment is limited to the use of a camera and tripod or monopod, does not need a permit.

  • Example: A group of students interested in taking planned, non-professional prom photos at a City park shall not be required to obtain a photo permit or pay fees.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer