Anti-Graffiti & Anti-Litter
We rely upon the public to report graffiti abatement by downloading the San Jose Clean app, to generate a work order or you can call the hotline number at 1-866-249-0543 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for graffiti clean up.
The City of San Jose’s Anti-Litter Program offers assistance to the residents of San José. Our vision is to create a litter free and cleaner San José.
- Hotline: (866) 249-0543
Partner Agencies and Resources
- CalTrans Property
- Code Enforcement (Issues Such as Abandoned Properties): (408) 535-7770
- Large Item Collection (Mattresses, Furniture, Etc.) - Beginning July 1, 2016, schedule Two free large item collections each year. Contact your recycling collection company to schedule an appointment.
- Recycling Special Stuff: (408) 924-5453
- For more information on Litter Prevention and community events, visit the Environmental Services Department (ESD) Website.
To Report Illegal Dumping
- Streets, Parks, and Creeks: (408) 535-3500
- Storm Drains: (408) 945-3000
- Extra Garbage Stickers: $6.25 at City Hall, San José Libraries, Safeway, Lucky and Save Mart stores
For more information on available resources, or to request a free DVD copy of the Parent Gang Awareness Training call (408) 794-1630.
- 9-1-1: Report gang incidents / violent crimes in progress
- (408) 277-8911: When dialing 911 from a cell phone
- 2-1-1: For free non-emergency community health and disaster information everyday and during times of crisis
- 3-1-1: Make non-emergency phone calls for police assistance
- (408) 293-Gang (4264): Provide anonymous information on gang activity or violent crimes
- (408) 947-Stop: Crime Stoppers
General Questions and Concerns
General questions and concerns can be made by calling the front desk of the Parks and Recreation Department Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Call will be directed to the appropriate programs and divisions. Call (408) 535-3570.
Help keep our parks beautiful, healthy and safe. If you see any maintenance issues or other problems that are occurring in a San José park, please fill out the Park Concerns Form, call (408) 793-5510 or email Park.Concerns@sanjoseca.gov to report a concern.