The following areas are closed, under repair or construction.
This page was last updated on December 3, 2019. If you would like to report a problem, please email email@example.com.
Alum Rock Park
- For fire-restricted status, please call the Park Ranger Office at (408) 259-5477.
The basketball and volleyball courts are closed for renovations.
Calabazas Bike Park
The bike area is closed for the week of October 21, 2019 for maintenance.
Coyote Creek Trail
- Mud and debris have been cleared and swept off the trail under Montague Expressway crossing.
- Weeding to be conducted by San Jose Conservation Corps along Highway 237.
- One basketball backboard is damaged and removed.
- All basketball poles and backboards are scheduled for replacement.
Guadalupe Rive Trail
The weed abatement around the 101 underpass has been completed and this trail section is clear of impediments. Speed limit and "Caution When Wet" signs have been installed at both entrances to this undercrossing. Please slow down and use cautionat this location.
Happy Hollow Park & Zoo
Lake Cunningham Action Sports Park
The park will be closed on December 4, 2019 for rain.
The cleaning of the pond has been completed.
Northwood Park Park
Sign hit by car and destroyed. New sign will need to be designed and will be missing for a while
Police Activities League (PAL) Sports Center
- Roofing repairs and renovations in the office building are scheduled for the first two weeks of November 2019.
- Scoreboards replacements are being reviewed for installation and will be scheduled soon
- Children of the Rainbow Park: Slide damaged by fire, parts are on order to repair.
- Esther Medina: Tiles replaced on Climbing Turtle and is now open.
- Emma Prusch Farm Park: Slide repaired and now open. Swings and chains all replaced.
- Falls Creek: Broken swing removed. Parts ordered.
- Groesbeck Hill Park: Both playgrounds have been removed. Design work for a new playground is currently underway.
- Lake Cunningham Regional Park: Drop Zone feature closed and currently waiting for parts
- Mayfair Park: Slide severely damaged and removed. In design phase for new playground. Swing to be replaced, parts on order.
- Meadows Park: Swing removed and will be replaced.
- NEW O'Donnell Park: Closed from 12/2/19 – 12/11/19.
- NEW San Antonio Tot Lot: Slide repaired and is now open for use.
- Solari Park: Playground has been removed. New playground will be in design phase later this year.
- Townsend Park: Slide Damaged Ladder was repaired (6/26/19).
- Vista Montana Park: Spinner seat vandalized, parts on order.
- West Evergreen Park: Dragon climber was vandalized and the repair is now being scheduled.
Park Water Features
Water Features at the following parks are closed due to California Executive Order B-40-17 prohibiting “Using non-recirculated water in a fountain or other decorative feature:”
- Almaden Lake Park
- Bestor Art Park
- Butcher Park
- Capitol Park
- Carrabelle Park
- Cataldi Park
- Cimarron Park
- Erickson Park
- Fowler Creek Park
- Huerta Park
- La Colina Park
- Lincoln Park
- Martin Park
- John P. McEnery Park
- McLaughlin Park
- Noble Park
- Parma Park
- Rainbow Park
- Rosemary Gardens Park
- Roy Avenue Park
- San Tomas Park
- TJ Martin Park
- Thousand Oaks Park
- Townsend Park
- Arena Green - Confluence Point
- Bellevue Park
- Capitol Park
- Columbus Park
- Plata Arroyo Park: Restroom is open but sewer problems may cause intermittent back up and closure, Public Works researching permanent repair (6/30/19)
- Welch Park
- Capitol Park: Light pole knocked down to be replaced, initiated Work Order with Public Works.
- Our Park: Between Van Winkle Dr and Story Road, lights out due to wire theft, initiated Work Order with Public Works.
- Thousand Oaks Park: Light pole P90 and P831 are out; initiated Work Order with Public Works.
Sports Field Renovations
- TJ Martin Sports Field: In Progress
- Columbus Park: Field #2 Closed
- Silver Creek Linear: Completed and Open