The following outlines the required steps to resubmitting plans for plan review, and revisions for projects that already have a building permit.
NOTE: If the plan resubmittal or revision contains changes to the exterior of the building or site, one set of plans must be submitted to the Planning Division for review.
- Building Resubmittal
- Planning Resubmittal
- Electrical Resubmittal
- Fire-HazMat Resubmittal
- Plumbing-Mechanical Resubmittal
- Public Works Resubmittal
Plan Review Resubmittals
- Plans must be separated and bound by trade: architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical and plumbing, etc.
- Complete a color-coded Resubmittal Form as a transmittal for each trade. These forms are on the Permit Center handout wall, or can be downloaded. If printing the form from your office or home, color print is preferred but black ink is acceptable.
- Include a letter containing the response to the City PlanReviewer’s comments for each trade commented on; each set of trade drawings must have such a letter if comments were made on that trade.
- Any redline set from the City Plan Reviewer must be returned with the resubmittal package
Revisions to Permitted Plans
- Use the same submittal procedure outlined above, but instead of a letter responding to the plan reviewer’s comments, provide a written scope of revisions (itemized description) for each set of plans.
- Depending on the revision scope of work, the package may be two complete sets of plans or two copies of the sheets that have been revised.
- A copy of the original approved/stamped plans (Job set) is required and serves as a reference.
Couriered or Mailed Plans
- We accept resubmitted plans from couriers or by mail. Submit resubmitted plans to:
City of San José - Building Division
200 E. Santa Clara Street - Floor 1
San José, CA 95113
- Use the appropriate submittal procedure outlined above.
- Each transmittal must state the plan reviewer’s name as the intended recipient.