200 E. Santa Clara St. 4th Floor
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535-7770
8:00am - 12:00pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
Closed: Noon - 1:00pm
It is the mission of the Code Enforcement Division of the Department of Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement to work in partnership with the people of San José to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment. We help maintain or improve the quality of your community in three ways:
- We administer a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of municipal codes and land use requirements.
- We work with residents, neighborhood association, public service agencies, and other City of San José departments to:
- Empower community self-help programs.
- Develop public outreach programs.
- Establish community priorities for the enforcement program.
- We initiate special programs targeted toward specific problems in San José communities.